Thursday, July 29, 2010

And I am going Home....


They say home is a special place.....a place which you always think of and you always miss....a place where you feel you belong...where you feel secure...where you find unlimited happiness...and right now I am missing home so much....

My home is a special place....Its a Surreal beauty....a place so large that you cannot determine the sheer magnitude of it....it occupies the upper stratosphere....It's surrounded in misty clouds...White snow covers it....tall green pine trees adorn it....unpolluted crystal clear rivers flow through it...they say its a hotspot of bio diversity....the animals here are wild and fierce...An untamed natural beauty is what my home is...a place untouched by the dirty human hands..... It provides water to more than a billion people through its pure glacial waters....My home decides the climate of an entire sub continent...A place which enchants humans so much that they want to keep coming back to it..like they were hypnotized....Humans gaze at my home transfixed...it wipes out every other thought out of them...

But on an other hand its a terrible place too...filled with danger....a place which has claimed many lives...In my home there is no place for fear and cowardice....It honors and rewards the brave and the sincere and the hardworking people....Arrogance and Ego have no place here...My home humbles the souls of those who pay visit to it....MY home is filled with crevasses and cornices...a place where danger lurks in every step...Many people have tried to reach the upper echelons of my home and perished...Perished either by missing a footstep or by getting stuck in a snowstorm...A place where the Gods reside....and so do the demons..... A place where nothing is certain and sure...the weather at my home is unstable at best....It varies from clear blue skies to such whiteouts that you cannot see your own hands...The hail storms and snow storms are so fierce and strong that it makes you realize how terrible and punishing nature's fury can be...

To reach my home takes a lot of toil,hardwork,determination and will power...It weakens you and saps the energy out of you....To reach my home you need to show some nerve...You should prove yourself....show that you are worthy of it.....

What is it about my home that is so charming even i do not know....I don't know what makes me keep going back to it...again and again and again....

And This September I am going Home..... :) .... I feel I belong at this place which I call my home....I gave up my job....I turned down an onsite opportunity....most people would kill for it....I gave up an opportunity to go for further studies.... My dad is disappointed with me.....but in the face of all this I still want to go home....

Because Home is where your heart is.....Home is where you belong...There is no other place like home......and now I am going home..... :) My home which is the Himalayas.....

3 comments:

  1. Good start and such a fabulous narration.. You are going to place where you belong and we all are with you.. All the best. Bring back cherishing memories which last life time.. Will be waiting for you. Happy time mate! Keep blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Rohith....!! waiting for your cherishing memories of your Home..! :)

    ReplyDelete